I was having the hardest time thinking of something I believe in so I waited for inspiration to come. I was getting a little worried until inspiration did come at carnival.
I saw this man carrying a stroller up the stairs at science center and he dropped his water bottle without noticing it. A girl sitting on the wall nearby picked it up and ran after the man to return it. That struck me as such a nice thing to and showed me I believe in little acts of kindness.
My idea for my this I believe paper is "Always Write a Card".
I think I can use this idea of writing a card to say that the small thoughts are always remembered. Sometimes for me at least, the cards are more meaningful than the presents themselves. I think in a world that is so focused on material things, cards are a way to show that it's the thought that counts. The philosophy about writing cards can be a way to show that the little acts of kindness are what is important.
So I guess that's my zero draft. I think I like the idea, but if anyone has suggestions/comments on how I should present the idea, that would be helpful.
"More kindness will do nothing less
Than save every sleeping one
And night-walking one
Of us.
My life belongs to the world. I will do what I can." James Dickey
Sunday, February 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment